Statement on Rise Mama’s Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Rise Mama is committed to equality of opportunity and to serving the needs of all working mothers, which includes, but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, educational level, color, immigration status, sex, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability. We understand the differing needs of women in the workforce and that not all journeys are the same.
Therefore, Rise Mama operates using a strict set of ethical guidelines within our operation plan which uphold the human right values this company stands behind.
1. We have a minimum requirement of 50% representation of diversity in all partnerships with Rise Mama. This includes ensuring that this diversity requirement is represented in the trainers we work with for The Side Hustle Society and The Bootcamp; as well as guests on our Vodcast and conference speakers.
2. Rise Mama is committed to engaging with community leaders to establish an Inclusion Advisory Committee made up of female leaders with children who are Black, Persons of Colour, Indigenous, Persons with Disabilities and Queer to guide course content creation.
3. We are dedicated to creating trainings, courses and resources that are specific to the needs of moms of Colour, Black mothers, Queer moms, Indigenous moms and moms with Disabilities to support their career goals.
4. We will make diversity a regular topic of conversation on our Vodcast and the impact that racism and discrimination have on working moms and moms who own their own businesses.
5. Lastly, we are committed to always listening to feedback on how we can be THE best business for ALL mothers openly, safely and without ego.
These are the values Rise Mama upholds in business and in our hearts.
Jan Elizabeth Ditchfield
CEO & Founder, Rise Mama